Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesday, November 11, 2008



When all ELSE fails and you're totally broke... one thing is always clear....MAC n CHEESE time!! payday is friday!!! i can just taste the base food i'll be purchasing soon!! yay for having gracious friends on base that will help me survive while i'm in korea!!! love you!

Nothing is new in my life. Work is fine. My sheets are amazing! (thanks mom)

I still need a jacket, but since I had to pay for my computer to be repaired, I had to wait to buy a jacket till the coming paycheck... So lookout for my new korean jacket when I get home! I'll be sporting the korean style!! ye-uh!

As you are "celebrating" Veterans Day in the States, we are "celebrating" Pepero Day in Korea. A pepero is a cookie stick dipped in chocolate (some are also dipped in chocolate AND nuts!!). On November 11 each year, young people share pepero sticks with people they like. It is a lot like Valentine's day, but just with this one kind of snack. Basically, it meant I had a room full of kids on sugar-highs from eating peperos all day. A couple of my students brought me peperos. (DALENE...i stole this from ur blog. it's exactly what I would have typed... :) love you! thanks)

I'm tired. I got Bible study in the morning! g'night

love you guys!!!

No comments: